Philosophy: As a focus group of Redeemer Community Church, (re)born Student Ministry was launched because our elders and youth leaders believe...
That God has gifted the Christian parent(s) with the primary responsibility to disciple their children and to train them up to know and love God (Eph. 6:1-4; Col. 3:21; Heb. 12:9). We also believe that the church has a spiritual duty to come along side of parents to assist them in this discipleship process. Where parents are absent or incapable of providing such training, we believe it is the local church’s providential opportunity and compulsion to offer the essential teaching through prayerful effort that aims to point these students toward the knowledge of Jesus as God’s Son and man’s only Savior.
To that end, (re)born student ministry exists to assist parents (regardless of social background or spiritual growth) by providing their children with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of theology from a biblical worldview so that by God’s grace they may hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be reborn (Jn. 3:3). (re)born further exists to facilitate an environment where students may develop a tight connection with the life of the entire local church membership and a family love for individual members of the church.
Aims: Upon graduation from (re)born, our hope is that students will...
- Understand and be able to articulate the Christian gospel spotlighted on the person and substitutionary work of Jesus Christ as well as other vital, historical, theological truths (I Cor. 2:2).
- Be equipped with the grammatical tools and exegetical skills of how to read and interpret books of the Bible (Acts 17:11).
- Exhibit a changed life through continued faith in Jesus Christ, repentance of sins, and growth in love for others accomplished through the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit (1 Jn. 1:9; Rom. 12:10).
- Display both confidence and compassion in verbalizing their faith in multicultural contexts through individual conversations and public platforms as God gives opportunity (Acts 4:19-20).
- Utilize their small group leaders as bridge resources for connecting to college or young adult ministries whether at Redeemer or another local assembly (Prov. 15:22).
- Worship and fellowship together and with all believers while serving a local church in communities around the world 1 Cor. 14:26).
- Make life choices guided by a biblical worldview of God’s kingdom (Matt. 6:33; Lk. 12:32).
Meeting Times: In an effort to accomplish the previous aims, (re)born gathers together for...
- Bi-monthly Sunday Evenings: 2nd & 4th Sundays at Revels Training Center from 6- 7:30pm (Exception: August 2015 – no scheduled meetings)
o Group Announcements
o Game Time
o Worship through Singing
o Salvation Testimonies & Evangelistic Updates
o Theology Lesson o Small Group Reflection, Practical Application, and Focused Prayer
o Birthday Celebrations
- Monthly Group Fun and/or Community Service Activities: Church Calendar
- Annual Conference and/or Camp
- Annual Local and/or National Missions’ Opportunities
Teaching Elder: Don Curry
Church Office: 919-552-5176